Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It Hit the Fan. Again.

My wife's laptop is busted.

Again.

This time it just died. No lights, no sounds, no nothing. It's still covered by extended warranty. Which expires next month. Timing is everything.

Down time for my wife was less than 20 minutes, and that's only because I wanted to finish going through my RSS feeds for the day, before handing over my laptop to her hands.

Thank you Bacula.

Thank you VirtualBox.

Again.

Customer service was horrible this time, but they finally obliged and the laptop was sent to the lab. I'm pissed as hell.

If you're looking for a used laptop DO NOT buy this model: HP Pavilion dv6000. It's a piece of crap. And quite heavy at that (2.7KG).

If you're buying a new laptop - DO invest in extended warranty. You'll thank me later.

And now we wait.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment