Lately, however, the email server at work was replaced and I had to setup a new email account in Icedove. Being the last to be added, the new account's folders naturally showed up last in Icedove's folders pane.
I wanted to move the new account upwards to a more visible position, so I attempted to drag and drop the new account's top level folder with the mouse.
Guess what? it doesn't work and nothing happens. What a drag. What a drop.
There seem to be two ways of doing this:
- the sane, yet obscure method: install the Folderpane Tools add-on and modify the ordering of the folders via its Preferences dialog.
I only found out about this after I used the next method...
- Follow this procedure:
- close Icedove
- consider backing up your ~/.mozilla-thunderbird directory before going any further...
- open the file ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/20bir36j.default/prefs.js in a text editor (e.g. gedit) - replace the bit in red with your own profile directory name
- search for a line that starts with
the rest of the line looks like this:
and it corresponds to the current ordering of accounts, with two exceptions:
- account1 is associated with local folders (which appear last)
- the first account that's displayed is the default account, regardless of its position in this list
- reorder the accounts to your liking, e.g."account1,account4,account2,account3"
- save the file
- launch Icedove, verify that the ordering of accounts is correct
- Enjoy the resulting brain damage.