Friday, September 26, 2008

"Time for Space Wiggle"

I've taken, by mistake, two photos of the same subject, at two slightly different angles.

As I was about to delete one of the photos I suddenly recalled a website I once stumbled upon - "Stereo Images - Time for Space Wiggle" (probably not safe for work - the site contains nudity) - which demonstrates how you can get a 3D effect by "wiggling" two images of the same subject, taken at slightly different angles...

So, without further ado, I give you Carnotaurus Sastrei:

bad breath


I'm no GIMP guru, but it wasn't too difficult to create this:
  1. open the first image in GIMP
  2. open the second image as a new layer (File->Open As Layers)
  3. scale the image to a reasonable size
  4. save as a GIF image, and when asked select the following: save layers as animation, loop forever, 10 milliseconds delay between frames
Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment